Saturday, June 26, 2010

TV Review: Futurama (Season 6, Episodes 1-2)


Alright, I am kicking off a new set of reviews right now, and what better way to start, than with something that was dead, and brought back to life! Starting now, I am also going to be reviewing TV shows and a variety of other sources of entertainment across many mediums. The main difference between the ratings for TV shows is that I will only be rating them on a scale of 1 to 5, while I will continue to review movies on a 1 to 10 scale. And here we go...

Futurama first debuted on Fox back in 1999 and ran for five years before Fox pulled the plug. Can you believe we have not had any new episodes since 2003?! Well, after all this time and three direct to DVD movies, the show is back on the air and debuted with two brand new episodes the other night. With the entire voice cast returning and familiar banter all around, it felt like they never left. How the show will hold up this time around, we can only guess. In my opinion, they didn't really have to fix it because it was never really broken, and I think they know that to be the case as well.

I give the new season of Futurama a hopeful 4 outta 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment