Sunday, June 20, 2010

Movie Review: Alice In Wonderland


I love Tim Burton. I love Johnny Depp. I did not love Alice In Wonderland. Some things were good, but others were just odd and confounding. Sure, it's supposed to be Wonderland, and things there are supposed to be insane, but that should not be used as an excuse for flawed storytelling. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was just awkward, and his role was way more important than the character needs to be (but if you're gonna pay Johnny Depp to be in a movie, you're sure as hell gonna use him!) I was entertained my Helena Bonham Carter's shenanigans, as usual, but again, it was just not enough to redeem it for me. The Cheshire cat was good, but Alice was dry and emotionless in my opinion. Eh, I could keep going, but why waste my breath on a movie that came out six months ago... At least it was pretty to look at.

I give Alice In Wonderland a 5 outta 10.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to say that this takes place 14 years after Alice's first trip to wonderland. I'm tired of seeing Tim Burton do remakes. i would like to see him do more original stuff like Ed wood, Edward scissorhands.

    i gave it a 3 outta 10.

    ReplyDelete