Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Movie Review: Quatantine


I waited quite a while before seeing this movie, and after sitting down and watching it the other night, I realize that I could have waited longer. The story follows a TV show host as she hangs out at a fire house one night and when they go out on a routine call, things start to get weird. When it first came out, I was under the impression that they would be up against zombies, or some kind of exorcism type of situation. To my surprise, they were instead up against a strain of super-rabies that one of the tenants was developing. Exciting, right? Not so much, even with the added bonus of the shaky cam from beginning to end... The tenants, TV host, camera man, firefighters and a couple cops are all trapped inside while people continue to get infected and things get worse. Honestly, if you're really looking for something to watch, it's not the worst choice you could make, but don't go looking for this one.

I give Quarantine a 4 outta 10.

(I give a point or two for senseless violence)

No comments:

Post a Comment