Sunday, June 20, 2010

Movie Review: Iron Man 2


As anyone that knows me can tell you, I am a sucker for comic book movies and besides the fact that Iron Man rocked, and I know that Iron Man 2 would be a lead in to the Avengers movie, I was really looking forward to what this movie had to offer. Mickey Rourke playing Whiplash (who in the comics, was a shitty C-List baddie) mixed in with a little of the Crimson Dynamo back story and some cooler gadgets turned out to be a good choice for Jon Favreau along with a weasel like Justin Hammer (played to his full asshole potential by Sam Rockwell). When you add Nick Fury, Black Widow, and War Machine to the mix, I'm sure some people were a little overwhelmed, but for me as a big time fanboy, I effin loved it! Robert Downey Jr. was great, just like in the first movie, and Gwyneth Palthrow might have been even better this time around as Pepper Potts. Don Cheadle was a good Rhodey, but I don't know if I preferred him to Terrence Howard. Anyway, the length of the movie was good. I never got bored, and the plot was full enough to keep going for a full two hours without dragging on or getting ridiculous. Then, topping it all off with a special appearance from a certain Hammer after the credits... I'm not gonna lie, I shed a single tear. All in all, it was a fun movie, and that's all I could have asked for.

I give Iron Man 2 an 8 outta 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment