Friday, June 25, 2010

Movie Review: She's Out Of My League


This movie, in my opinion, was in and out of theaters with little notice at all, but now that I've sat down and watched it, I can say that it's actually not too bad. Jay Baruchel was fully able to carry the film as Kirk, a mind-mannered airport security guard with low self-esteem. Then Molly, played by Alice Eve, shows up and she is, as they point out a thousand times, a perfect ten. The supporting cast is pretty entertaining, including Nate Torrence (Get Smart), T.J. Miller & Mike Vogel (Cloverfield), and Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) as well as Debra Jo Rupp (That 70's Show). Self-esteem and image concerns aside, there are some really funny moments (most courtesy of Vogel, Torrence, and Ritter) mixed with a little physical comedy and some crude humor really make it a good mix of funny from all angles. It's worth it if you're interested in seeing it.

I give She's Out Of My League a 7 outta 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment