Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TV Review: The Cape


Alright, I have given this show a few weeks to figure out how I really feel about it, and I have finally come to a conclusion... It's not horrible, but then again, it's not great. It's like a live-action cartoon! If you take it too seriously, then it becomes ridiculous and over the top (I mean, come on, the main character gets his powers from a cape... calls himself The Cape, and sometimes just wears a hood, hiding said cape). The plot devices are all things we've seen a thousand times before; a little Batman here, a little Spider-Man there, a little of this a little of that, and boom, The Cape was born! But really though, when you get passed all of the corny dialog and the fact that this cape is so very complicated, it's really not that bad, but it's not for everyone, so don't force yourself to get into it if you aren't feeling it. In my opinion, it's much better than No Ordinary Family (The Incredibles, or the Fantastic Four if they never applied themselves) so for that reason alone, I will continue to watch for now. I'm a big fan of supporting characters anyway, and it's got a pretty fun cast, so we'll see what happens.

I give The Cape a 3 outta 5.

1 comment:

  1. Its a totally mediocre show but since we love us some superheroes we need to watch it. I completely agree that you cant take it too seriously because its prettttyyy ridiculous. It actually has some really funny one-liners, which I wish were delivered better. It'd probably draw in more of an audience if the comedic stance were more prominent.

    ReplyDelete