Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TV Review: Being Human


In my continued blogging about shows that have something to do with British television, my next review focuses on the brand new SyFy adaption of the BBC show of the same name. In this show, we have a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost all living together in a house, trying to lead a normal life. It's like The Real World meets Monster Squad! Kinda, but not really. I have seen a couple episodes of the original, and it's not bad, but the new version is less that exciting. The first two episodes have already aired and so far I am still not sure if I'm on board. I can see what they are trying to do, but it's not really doing it for me. The Vampire (Sam Witwer... from the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video games as well as Doomsday on Smallville) is the ever so cliché vampire with a conscious. He's broody like Angel and walks around in the daylight like Edward, and he feels bad that he's a blood sucking fiend with control issues. Next up is his roommate, the werewolf (Sam Huntington: Fanboys and Jimmy Olsen Superman Returns). He's guilt-ridden and tries desperately to keep his transformations a secret, again, something we've seen a dozen times or more. Lastly is the ghost (relative newcomer, Meaghan Rath). She's hot, she's dead, and she doesn't get it. As if they didn't have enough problems already; enter Bishop (Mark Pellegrino: Jacob from Lost!) as the Vamp higher-up who will not stand for these kooky monster-types to live happily ever after! I think my judgment on it is clear, but I am not going to close the book on this one just yet. I'm going to play along a little more, who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised... Maybe.

I give Being Human a 2 outta 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment