Monday, July 5, 2010

Movie Review: Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief


When director, Chris Columbus left the Harry Potter franchise, I figured it was to do something different, but I guess I was wrong. The big difference here though is that Columbus traded in his broom for a pair of winged shoes. This story is full of mythology and adventure, and is full of recognizable faces. From Catherine Keener to Pierce Brosnan, Uma Thurman to Rosario Dawson (who looked INCREDIBLY hot) there were stars around every corner. As a kid, I was really into Greek mythology, so I liked the story a lot (though I have never read the book it was based on). It told of the son of Poseidon, the God of the Sea, and the human woman he fell in love with (Keener). When Zues' lightning bolt is stolen from Olympus, all fingers point to Percy, who is unaware of his Godly heritage. Once he finds out about his past, it's up to him to find out who really took the lightning bolt and return it in order to save his mother and stop a war between the Gods. If you like these kinds of movies, you'll dig this one, but if the Harry Potter or Narnia movies don't do it for you, then steer clear. It's a fun ride though and the I enjoyed it.

I give Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief a 6 outta 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment